PLEASE DON'T FEED WILDLIFE!
Wildlife Rescue South Coast asks members of the public not to feed wildlife. Feeding birds from feeding stations can help spread diseases, and the wrong food (such as feeding mince to magpies) can be harmful.
In situations where people have been harmed by kangaroos, the animals involved are often those that have been fed by well-meaning members of the public. The kangaroos lose their fear of people and are more likely to become aggressive if they feel threatened, or if the mob has recently been harrassed (e.g. chased by dogs).
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
We are a 100% volunteer-operated charity. Our goal is to help injured, sick and orphaned Australian Wildlife. There are many ways you can help.
- Join our organisation and learn to become a wildlife carer (click here)
- Join our support staff and help, using your skills with computers, book-keeping, administration, social media, or any other skill! (click here)
- Donate money or goods to help meet he costs of responding to thousands of rescues every year (Click to see donation options)
- Build a Possum-box for your garden (click here)
- See other ways you can help wildlife on the NSW South Coast (click here)
This page last updated February 2022