Who we are
Wildlife Rescue South Coast is a large and experienced wildlife rescue group in the south eastern area of NSW which has been licensed by the NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service (NPWS) since the late 1980's. Our members are all unpaid volunteers.
We cover the NSW South Coast regions from Wollongong to the Victorian border, taking in the Illawarra, Southern Highlands, the northern part of the Southern Tablelands, Kangaroo Valley, the Shoalhaven and down to the Eurobodalla and Sapphire Coasts.
Wildlife Rescue South Coast’s primary aim is to rescue and rehabilitate injured and orphaned native wildlife to eventually release them back to the wild.
We educate the public as to the issues confronting local wildlife, and do whatever we can to help maintain an environment that allows our unique wildlife to survive and enrich our lives
In NSW it is illegal for anyone not holding a licence (or valid permit) to capture, keep, transport or harm any native wildlife.
Found injured wildlife
Many native animals are left suffering on the side of the road after being hit by a car. Some have babies in their pouches who will die of starvation if not rescued.
PLEASE STOP TO CHECK
* Your own safety comes first. Don’t put yourself in any danger, native animals can bite and scratch
* Please do not touch or handle bats or snakes
* If the animal is alive, please call Wildlife Rescue South Coast immediately, taking note of the exact location and please mark the spot if you have to leave
* If the animal has died and is a female check the pouch and nearby for a joey
* Keep the joey warm by wrapping it securely in a cotton T-shirt, then jumper, blanket etc and call Wildlife Rescue South Coast for assistance immediately
* It is important to keep all rescued wildlife warm, dark and undisturbed, and to get them to an experienced carer as soon as possible.
Order your 2017 calendar today!
The Wildlife Rescue South Coast 2017 calendar is now available by clicking on the above cover photo.
Please help us help wildlife
Wildlife Rescue South Coast Inc. is a registered incorporated association and a registered charity. We receive no government funding and rely on your donations and support. Please help us to continue looking after our wildlife by visiting our donation page.